Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A quick nameplate

Hello All,

I have been so inactive that I almost feel like a potato at this moment! :( In-laws are away and my neck is paining so bad that I feel like my head would roll off from over my shoulders any minute now! :( Work is so far behind the schedule that I am doubtful I will ever catch up! :(

I got a call from a friend who wished a quick nameplate to be made. I didn't have the heart to say no and the neck pain was not that bad at the time. A commitment made is a commitment made. And my job was already made easy by providing the background colour and the palette I had to work with. BUt still, I had to pop a painkiller and get back to work.........here are two images: One of the finale and one, a collage of work-in-progress......



As usual, there are always firsts...........this one was the first time I used multiple strips at once, while working. The font was so tricky, it needed me to be using more than one strips, or else, I could never have probably gotten it working.

I know, this is not the best I can make but darn neck pain needs to go! :(


Happy Quilling

Pritesh

PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

11 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your potato comment is making me laugh!!! And such a gorgeous quilled name.Enjoyed seeing the work in progress tremendously and Thank you so much for the kind words on my Foam roses tutorial

Sujana said...

wonderful name plate pritesh. Thanks for sharing the process.
Thanks for the inspiration too, i hav learnt many techniques from ur tutes, do check out http://craftingwithpassion.blogspot.in/2013/07/flower-pot-card.html

Thanks again for ur tutorials Pritesh, truly inspirational

Unknown said...

Lovely name plate simple and elegant

Maria Rose said...

hey its so pretty :)

Indira Tanwar said...

Perfect, as usual!!

Christine said...

My dear girl, even your "not so good" ones are as good as the best!! This looks perfect to me. Beautiful colors and design.
http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com
CHris

ManuK said...

So sorry to hear you're not feeling very well, Pritesh! Those neck pains sound too familiar...

The name plate looks adorable, you are being too hard on yourself! I love the pictures with the multiple paper strips, looks like you're about to weave them!

Take care!
Hugs!
Manu

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

That's a lovely creation, as usual :)

SUGANTHI said...

Very beautiful and striking Pritesh. Always a pleasure to see your work.

Sindhu said...

Beautiful one.. ..Loved it..

Anonymous said...

Very Bful one. I would like to know suggestions as to how to write the letters in various styles on the base materials (cardboard/chart paper).

one idea that struck me was taking print from MSWORD and recapturing it on the same.

Any other ideas pls


Tnx
Archana